May 1, 2017
We went to this bbq place and I ate crocodile and ostrich. It just tasted like normal meat. Then I had my first pho down here and I didn't cry because it actually tasted good. I had a deep fried banana which was interesting. I ate some Korean food and some street pancake things. I drank some milk-like substance that definitely wasn't milk. I accidentally spent $7 on a bag of peanut butter M&M's and ate them all in one day and it was worth every dollar.
I was told I look like Elsa from Frozen this week. Wut?
This week was exchanges and for one of them my companion for the day had to go get a shot and when she was getting measured I asked to get measured too so now I can tell people my height in Vietnamese! I am 1.8 meters if you were wondering. Mot met tam muoi.
I raised my bike seat and it changed my life. Kind of. Except Saigon bridge will always be the *greatest part of my day. Except one fun thing about biking is that because everyone here rides motorbikes they will occasionally give you encouragement as they drive past. My day was brightened when an old man told me that I was doing a good job haha or sometimes they will count "one, two, one, two...mot, hai, mot, hai" as they drive by you and you pedal your heart out. Oh. I also got my first flat tire this week but it was fine. thankgoodnessfornativecompanions#
Like I mentioned above, this Sunday we had exchanges as well and it was me and one of my MTC companions together which you can imagine...our Vietnamese together was quite the combo. One of the members thought we were companions for real and said "wow, that is a lot of faith." It was fine besides when I got one phone call and didn't know what they were saying the whole time.
This Sunday there was also a baptism for a 14 year old girl. It was the first one that I have seen while I've been here and it was just so touching how simple it was yet how significant it was. It happens in less than thirty seconds but it is the start of a lifelong journey as a disciple of Jesus Christ. Afterwards, she bore her testimony and I felt the spirit so strong. She said that she will always follow Jesus Christ and I just thought that kind of commitment at such a young age is so important. She is the only member in her family right now and witnessing that just made me want to always remember to hold fast to my covenants.
I love you all! Think of me when you think you're hot and sweaty because I can guarantee I'm hotter and sweatier. :))))))))
XOXOXOXOOXOXXOXOXOXO
Sister Chi Campbell Chau
Pictures of Ho Chi Minh City
No comments:
Post a Comment