Tuesday, May 9, 2017

HELLOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

May 8, 2017

This week was a happy one!

Two of our investigators have baptismal dates! One for the 21 of May and one for the 28 of May!!! It has really been a great experience teaching both of them. One of them we met my first week here as we were contacting in a bookstore and it's been a great experience seeing his joy as he reads the Book of Mormon and learns to pray and keeps the commandments even when it may be hard. The other investigator we taught with a Senior couple, the Coffeys. He is a father and just has the humblest most teachable spirit! It was really a great week! One of my favorite things was this fast Sunday when they both decided to fast and both told me how hungry they were! I told them I was hungry too but I was just so happy for them and that we were on the hunger struggle bus together but also on the receive blessing bus together.


Robyn's note:  Em Lam is one of the investigator's scheduled for baptism. He is the one she met in a bookstore. :)

We made cinnamon rolls at one of the Elders investigators house.
We were trying to help her family warm up to the idea of
her getting baptized and I think it went really well!

One of my most favorite things in the whole wide world is riding my bike at night in the rain through the city. I will never forget. Just thought I'd share that with you.





Our rain gear for biking. What a thrill!
















I said a funny in our last lesson and me and the member in the lesson couldn't stop laughing every time we made eye contact. I was talking about doing baptisms for the dead and instead of saying when I do them sometimes I can feel my ancestors there,  I said "I can feel my ancestors here. " The member told me afterwards that when I said that he just got chills down his spine...like what are you saying? HAHA.  I laugh every time I think about it. It might be one of those, "you had to be there moments" but I thought I'd share anyway.

It's crazy that I'm already half trained! I feel like I don't know what I am doing at all still but I know the Lord will help me and that He has helped me. There are so many simple joys everyday here. The people here are so amazing. If I could write out every one of their stories of their sacrifices for the gospel and the things that they have been through in life, it would be a novel. I honestly think that I learn more from them than they learn from me. I am humbled to be here.

I love you all so much! Your emails make me so so happy. They make me want to smile and smile again which I realized I need to do more of.


We put flowers in our hair. There's such fun flowers here.
Irresistable to pick. Like you know the fake ones from
Hawaii that everyone uses. They have the real ones here.
They (the flowers) cry though when you pick them .
The pink ones are the best..


The most happy cute old lady ever ever.

All the sisters in Ho Chi Minh +1 investigator +3 family members vui vui vui vui


No comments:

Post a Comment