Monday, May 29, 2017

HI. AGAIN. XIN CHAO CAC CO CHU CAC ANH CHI EM

May 28, 2017

This week was pretty normal. On Thursday we had the opportunity to go to one of our areas that we don't get to visit too much because it is almost a 2 hour bike ride away. We went with the sweetest woman named named Sally from Hong Kong who wanted to look around and try to scout out a new church building for the members that live far away and have to travel 1+ hours to come to church. It's exciting to see how the church is slowly but surely expanding here. It was a surreal experience to be riding in a car! I almost felt like I was in America for a second.

We ate at our Branch President's house and had a kind of soup named chau and we also had spaghetti pasta type thing and then on top of that: hamburgers. It was quite the assortment.

Yesterday I also ate some really good food at Chi Thu's house. I just love her so much. We help her sell rice every Wednesday. I forget the name like I always do but it is some fried thing wrapped in mint leaves and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I just thought you would really care to know that.

I've also eaten some exotic fruits.

Sorry bout it that this email was a food update, but sometimes ya just gotta document the food experience, ya know?

Other than that we just keep trying to find people to teach and contact and share the gospel with. We don't have many progressing investigators right now but we hope that this week we can find more people that the Lord has prepared.

This week we have zone conference and the topic is grace. I am grateful for the grace of God. One thing I have been learning on my mission is how weak I am, but at the same time I have also been learning how strong Christ is and that He can make up for what I lack. I am trying to trust Him more.

Here are some pictures:)
Saigon during the day.



Saigon at night.

Me and Chi Thuy Anh at one of the most beautiful parks

A blurry photo of me and Chi Thuy Anh and Anh Hieu,
one of the members who literally has found almost everyone’s investigators for them.
He helps out in probably an average of 5 lessons a day with all the missionaries.
We love him!

 LOTS OF TINH YEU THUONG,

Sister Aimee Chau Chi Campell

Robyn's Note:  It's interesting that she forgot how to spell her own last name (see above).  I guess that happens when you don't use it ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment