Monday, April 24, 2017

The week of weird dreams

April 23
I had a lot of weird dreams this week, many having to do with bodily functions, so I won't impart them all to you, I just wanted to share that little bit of information with you all.

I've been in Vietnam a whole month! Crazy! Time goes by so fast!

I also want to share one of the cutest texts one of our investigators sent us: "I bring the Mormon book today beside myself. I'll read it when I have free time today. Thank for always keeping me stay with God." Yeah...my heart melted. Though many people here are in the process of learning English, their English is MUCH better than my Vietnamese.

I never have done as many "thumbs up" in my life as I do as a missionary. It wasn't a thing until now when that's the only way I can tell if people understand me. During English class I probably do it at least 43 times. Ew@me.

We had district conference this week which is like stake conference for a country that doesn't have a stake and all the members in Ho Chi Minh gathered together for it and the members in Hanoi watched it through skype. There were so many cute babies and it was so hard not to pick them up because I just wanted to hold all of them. It was cool to have all the members together and a fair amount of our investigators came as well!

I've been thinking more and more about patience and I've really come to realize that patience is an action. I am learning more and more each day about patience. Each day I have to have patience with myself and with the language and with learning how to teach and with investigators who need a lot of time to think about baptism and so forth. I'm learning I can't expect to know everything right now or even in six months or eleven months, but I'm also learning that patience is not merely sitting back and waiting for things to happen to me. Patience requires us to act diligently every day. I have learned that true patience shows that I trust in the Lord's timing but also in His promises. I have learned that if I am diligent, His promises will come to pass, definitely not when I want, but I have the assurance that someday I will be able to understand and talk with people in Vietnamese, and if not, so be it. :)

Thank you for your patience with me and your love and wow I just love you all so much. Your emails make my day.

Now for pictures for my dearest mother whom I love so much:

We had event night for English Class where we
made it like a restaurant and made everyone order in English
 and I blew up so many balloons I had a couple of "uh oh" dizzy moments. 

District P-Day, we went to the zoo! 
Me and my companion




















The Elephants, for Bronte :) at one point they were taking the elephants out for a walk and I was trying so hard to get a selfie with them but my camera and my face was just not cooperating then they yelled at me to stop because I was accidentally following them and the elephants on the walk to get a good picture. Oops. Also the tiger melted my heart. Sigh....

We had a "movie night" which actually just involved
me eating 500 calorie potato chips and watching
The District videos for my training. Woot. Missionary life. 

Chi Thuy Anh cooks the best food all the time
and that's not a great picture of it but it's basically
an appreciation picture for her because
I try so hard to help with my terrible cooking
skills but she saves my life. thanks#

Me and my companion super sweaty after we just finished cau Saigon.
We went over that *wonderful bridge 10 times this week.
The Wonderful Bridge - Cao Sai Gon




No comments:

Post a Comment