Monday, May 22, 2017

A Week WOW!

May 21, 2017

This week was really good and pretty eventful!

First of all, rainy season is beginning. One minute it's sooo hot. The next it's pouring. Except the rain hasn't gotten super high yet.... I am anxiously anticipating that day!!! Woohoooo.

The phrase "oh man" has assimilated itself into my vocabulary and is used in almost every situation. I just thought you would want to know.

This Saturday Em Lam got baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a really nice experience. He was so ready and earlier this week he was helping us explain the Book of Mormon in a lesson for another investigator. I would say he is rather golden# and when he bore his testimony it was so sweet. One kind of funny thing that happened was when he was going down to be baptized it looked like he was going to hit his head so my companion screamed out a pretty loud "oh!!" while he was being baptized, but other than that it was really peaceful and beautiful and just a happy time.

Anh Vu will not be getting baptized next week, but we are hoping he will sometime in June. We also have another investigator who has a baptismal date in June that we're excited about!

Sometimes I sing and am appalled at the sound coming out of my mouth. I don't know what to do about it. Oops.

I gave a talk on Sunday at church too. In Vietnamese. About the Holy Ghost. The person translating into English said that he understood 99% of what I was saying so ya know, I'll take it. Even though I'm sure the grammar and pronunciation were terrible, I know the Lord helped me. I would look up at my companion periodically as I was speaking and she would give me the sign to slow down hahaha...the nerves. After I sat down, I thought about how many people I loved that were sitting in the audience. There were members that we have visited,  members that always help out in lessons, many investigators and students from English class, Em Lam--the newest member of the branch, and of course my companion. I really do have those moments sometimes where I think that I never want to come home. Sorry Mom.

This week the BYU folk dancing team also visited. I don't know how they jig for that long. They have so much energy, but anyway, the people here loved it. It was a really good activity for them and seeing how excited they were to have an activity like that made me never want to take the activities we have almost everyday in Utah for granted.

I'm realizing more and more the wonder and beauty of sharing truth. I was just thinking yesterday about how I have the opportunity to share the truths of the gospel to people that haven't yet had the chance to hear them and how marvelous and beautiful that really is. Sometimes I take it for granted because I've been surrounded by it my whole life, but truth is really quite a powerful thing that can truly change lives when acted upon.

It's crazy. I'm almost trained and still feel like I know nothing. My Vietnamese is still trash. I still don't know how to teach, but I do believe that the Lord will and is continually helping me. There are so many amazing people here that I've had the privilege of meeting and I'm so excited for the opportunity to meet even more!

Wow@the novel. Sorry to bore you.

Here's a not very good picture of Em Lam's baptism.
 I am the white ghost in the background. ​​

No comments:

Post a Comment