Monday, June 5, 2017

YES. SORRY BUT I'M GONNA TALK MORE ABOUT SAIGON BRIDGE!

June 4, 2017

Wow, this week was kind of a whirlwind. A hard week but also a good week.

One day this week we biked over Saigon bridge 4 times in one day. I haven't done that yet so I'm so glad that I had the opportunity :) 2x in the heat. 1x in the clouds. 1x in the rain.

Yesterday on fast Sunday we had the wonderful opportunity to bike over Saigon Bridge in the pouring rain barefoot. I haven't done that yet so I'm glad I had the opportunity :))

On Wednesday I got a flat tire on my bike and so while we were getting it fixed Chi Thuy Anh started contacting people so we contacted a few people then as we started again on our journey which of course included going over cau Saigon, I got a bit ahead of her and because I had the "contacting adrenaline" I saw an old man walking his bike up the bridge and stopped to talk with him. He didn't understand anything I said haha but eventually Chi Thuy Anh came down the bridge to rescue me and invited him to church. We didn't really think anything of it, but he came to church this Sunday! He is so old and so lonely and I don't really know what life has in store for him, but I'm so glad that he was able to come to church and experience the joy of the gospel if even for an hour. I just felt so much love and so much sadness for his loneliness especially as I watched him bike away after church was over. I know that the Lord is aware of all of His children and I hope we can meet him again!



Honestly, if I ever get transferred I think I'll miss cau Saigon and the many memories that it has brought me.

This week the sisters serving in Hanoi came down for a conference so all the sisters in this mission--all six of us--were staying in one apartment for a night then we all ate lunch together. It was a nice experience to be all together for a bit!



I love you all and hope that you all enjoy the sunshine and the rain and please take the heat and sweat away from me. Thank you!!!!

Next time I email I will be a fully trained missionary that still doesn't know much but what better opportunity to completely rely on the Lord?

Sincerely,

With all my love from my toes to my head


chi sister aimee chau campbell


All of us MTC companions were reunited for a bit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment