Feb. 21 THE WEEK I GOT ANOTHER POTATO!!!
XIN CHAO!!!
WOW, there is nothing to report hardly. Like I'm racking my brain and this week was just the same as the rest. Basically the food keeps doing weird things to my body but that's about it. Besides the fact that I got ANOTHER potato!!!!!!!!!!!!! WITH MADDIE'S FACE ON IT!! Now I have potato twins. The other one is on it's death bed. Like me. But I'm keeping it alive till I leave here because it's rather symbolic.
One exciting thing that did happen this week is that Elder Ballard came and spoke at a devotional. I really love devotionals. It's a nice time to just relax and be uplifted. And I actually want to pay attention the whole time. I"m so mature it's crazy. Just kidding. The head of the church media department also spoke to us this Sunday and showed us the new Easter video and I loved it! I know that through Christ we can find peace despite all of the hardships in this world.
I've HIT MY ONE MONTH MARK!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's so weird because this place kind of makes you feel trapped but at the same time, I'm not ready to go to Vietname. Depsite the rollercoaster of emotions that go on in this place, I have always felt a sense of peace which I'm grateful for. I am confident the Lord will help me because this is His work.
I just remembered something that did happen this week. I was leaning back in my chair at dinner and next thing you know, WHOOP, I leaned back too far and landed on the ground. It didn't hurt at all but man, I wish I could've seen it. I hope I didn't flash anyone. You know how hard it is not to flash anyone when you wear a skirt 24/7.
I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, thanks for being the best fam :) I know a big reason that I am able to feel the peace I do is because of you!
XOXO
Feb. 28 CHAO XIN
XIN CHAO CHAO XIN
Sometimes I change the word order because I get bored because I know four words so I've got to make my life interesting somehow. I know I say this every week but there REALLY is not much to report. Like nada. It snowed which is cray but I guess I should cherish it because I won't see it for like 15 months.
I've said some things in my sleep that my companions tell me about like "STOP CLEANING ME" and "I JUST WANT 200 POUNDS OF ICE CREAM!" Don't know where those cam from besides the fact that my main meal here has become a bowl of grapes and a bowl of ice cream. Pho is sounding real good right now even though I almost cried the first time I ate it.
Vietnamese is so hard guys. Like what am I even trying to say half the time? We laugh so much at ourselves because we don't even sound like we're speaking Vietnamese at all. I wanted to record one of my teachers saying all the tones and playing it while I sleep but that idea got vetoed. It's scary because I leave so soon but feel that I know so little. The nice thing is I know that Heavenly Father will help me if I give Him my all.
We skyped a native Vietnamese member for the first time this week. That's how you know you're a big kid. It was interesting. There is definitely a lot to improve but she understood much more than I thought she would! So that's a great thing!
I took my second potato out on our temple walk on Sunday so it could get some fresh air but sadly I didn't take my camera. I do have a picture of my two potatoes together in my residence hall though :)
KEEP LIVING LIFE OUT THERE!!! Don't forget to hold babies and dance with your hips a little and eat in all the classrooms that you can.
Chi Campbell
Chi Campbell
Mar. 7 WEEK 7! WUT?
I can't believe I leave so soon. WUT. I don't feel ready at all and before I know it I'm going to be constantly confused and sweating buckets. It's actually a pretty scary prospect to me but I also know that miracles await. One of my teachers said that sometimes not knowing the language helps investigators really listen so that's what I'm hoping for :) I guess I might as well just get thrown into the fire. What better way to learn?
Apparently basically everyone in Vietnam has the same last name, so instead they always go by their last names. This week we got our new name tags and our new names that our teachers assigned us. I shall now be called for the next 17 months Chi Châu which means Sister Pearl. I think it's a white joke haha :) I was hoping I would be able to be Chi Ho Bo because I thought that would be funny to introduce myself as a hobo but nope, I guess I just settle for Chau which sounds like Ciao so when you say bye to me you say chao chau.
WELL other than that life is same old same old. Just doing little things each day to spice up my life and be the psychotic little big missionary that I am. I like to make ups songs and my latest one is called "I thought I had Malaria" and it consists of those 5 words sung to a very inspired tune.
Also a fun fact is the word for tall is cao and I just like that because it's pronounced "cow". I can just imagine being called a cow everyday and I can't wait.
I love you all with my whole heart! I'm excited to go love the people of Vietnam and I'm grateful for the peace Heavenly Father gives me each and every day to face the challenges that await!
Sincerely,
Chị Châu
Mar. 14 THE WEEK WHERE WE GOT FLIGHT PLANS. WUT.
It's actually happening. Sometimes you get stuck in the MTC for so long that you forget you actually get to leave one day. But this week we got our flight plans! We are officially leaving this place and I'll be in Vietnam before I know it! Crazy! I'm trying to stay calm because I don't know Vietnamese or what I'm doing in the slightest but I have faith that Heavenly Father will help me as He always does.
Other than that, I don't really have much to say. This week is already going by so quickly and it's crazy to think that I'm about to go to the temple for the last time in over a year. It really makes me not want to take temples for granted. I took my potatoes out for a last stroll on our temple walk. Tonight I am going to have a funeral for them and bury them outside our residence. They haven't made a handbook rule about that yet. HA! Also the pun. Funeral potatoes.
Though I've been a little worried about leaving and feeling unprepared, last night we were able to skype with the sweetest member in Ho Chi Minh and she was literally the happiest person that I have ever met. We freaked out over ice cream for a long while (most definitely the best word I've learned in Vietnamese) and I found out that there are both a Cold Stone and Baskin Robbins in Ho Chi Minh so I have no reason to worry! There will be ice cream! Anyway, talking with her really made me feel so much calmer and at peace. I know that the Lord has prepared so many people in Vietnam to hear the good news of the gospel!
Thank you for your love and prayers! You are seriously the bestest in the world. I love you fam!
Sincerely,
Aimee Chau Chi Sister Campbell
| Flight plans! The thrill! You have no idea the joy that was felt when we all got them. |
| Me and Chi Moss and my potatoes |
| My potatoes out on their last expedition before they are forever trapped in the MTC. They are living out everyone's worst nightmare |
| Me and Chi Lawton ft. potato |
| The beautiful temple that I will miss so much. |

No comments:
Post a Comment