Friday, April 14, 2017

It's getting HOTTER! HURRAY!


April 9

Okay, so I thought I would share somethings that happened this week, weird right?

The first thing is I want to talk about how important food is to everyone here. They are VERY proud of their food and ALWAYS ask you what your favorite food here is. So I decided I need to find something that I like real quick! Haven't found it yet because I still have skepticism but I really just try and shove stuff into my mouth without thinking about it. We bought some fruit the other day that tasted like I was eating raw potato. And I know because I've eaten raw potato before. And I felt like I was drinking fish eyes one day but my companion told me it wasn't. I don't know if I believe her. Just kidding. However, I found a new fruit that I LOVE and I've eaten a lot of Guava and just found out that's the name of what I've been eating like two days ago. HURRAY!! The food here is so flavorful and everyone loves it. I'm just a bland person. Apparently Hanoi food is more my style but I'm excited to keep trying the Vietnamese quisine. (Pretty sure I spelled that wrong. sorry#)

 The thing I drank that I'm convinced is fish eyes. See for yourself.


A picture of my favorite fruit (don't know the name)
and my beautiful companion
I found out that I'm the fifth tallest out of all the missionaries in this whole mission. I'm definitely Sister Cao. Just a fun fact for you.

After a lesson with a recently baptized member some sisters were talking about Em Lam and that is one of the names of one of our investigators so I got super excited because I was like "I know what they're talking about! Em Lam! What about him?! Do you know him??" Turns out Em Lam is a mushroom. So if you were wondering how the language is going I think that story sums it up pretty well. HAHA. But now I can easily remember the word for mushroom if I ever need to use it.

I want a video playback of myself trying to ride a bike. It's hilarious. I wobble so much sometimes and I just crack up. Then yesterday my companion wanted to switch bikes because it was hard for her to pedal on hers and she thinks I'm stronger for some reason so I was riding this tiny bike up Siagon Bridge and huffing and puffing and man. Sometimes I wish I could see things from Heavenly Father's perspective up in heaven. I bet He had a good laugh. I literally had to be "The Little Engine That Could" I was thinking "I think I can I think I can the whole way up." Also I'm the sweatiest creature that ever did sweat!

Yesterday was such a good day. ALL of our investigators showed up for conference and one brought a friend and some potential investigators showed up as well. I couldn't stop smiling! It was so joyful! I really am starting to love these people. They are all so sweet and forgiving of my horrible language skills. None of our investigators have accepted to be baptized yet, but I have hope that they will! I also just want to make sure that we can help them develop a lasting conversion.

Chi Ha and one of our investigators who is always so smiley :)

My district. ​
I really enjoyed the message of Jesus Christ from conference. It really was a time for me to refocus and realize that it is because of Christ and His Atonement that I am here doing what I am right now. I am exicited to read more about His life so that I can strive more each day to become like Him. I really do love Him.

Thanks again for all your emails and support and love and just everything. Man, you are all the best best best.





My first purchase in Vietnam which is a grandma/pioneer dress
 that cost $11 and I just love feeling like a pioneer.
When I first tried it on my companion told me "You look so meekness"
then told me I looked like Emma Smith.
I just decided to embrace the pioneer especially
 because I have to braid my hair or it will be CRAZY.


Face Masks for dayzz

The sister we help sell rice for. She is literally
the cutest and comes up to my shoulder.



No comments:

Post a Comment