Thursday, April 13, 2017

Week 2 in Vietnam



April 2, 2017  

I'd be lying if I said this week wasn't hard, BUT, I think sometimes through the hard times is when you learn the most. So here is what I learned/did just in case your curious mind cared to curious (prounounced CURE-EE-AW-S)

First of all, this week we helped an woman in our ward dish rice at her restaurant and now the smell of rice makes me kind of sick but guess what??? I FOUND NUTELLA IN THE FRIDGE! blessings#

I ate almost that whole jar with a spoon.


We put nutella on our faces. Cuz why not.


I said riding a bike through traffic was thrilling. That was before I rode my bike through traffic in the pouring rain. Now THAT is thrilling.

I don't understand 97.65% of what is going on! But we had a lesson that we attended that was in English and I just kept marveling at the miracle of understanding. I realized how much of the 19 years of my life I have taken for granted that I can understand something without any effort. The idea of understanding is beautiful. And guess what? Sometimes my companion will be speaking to me in Vietnamese and I will understand and then I will marvel that I am understanding and then begin to not understand because I'm thinking about how I am understanding but it's great. One step at a time. The only problem is that my companion speaks with a Northern accent and we are in the South so I'm all confused all the times because the two accents are pretty different and I'm trying to learn to speak like her but yeah wow.

Sometimes I worry that my faith is so small but then I think to myself "you are riding up this hill in a skirt on a bike with no gears in such intense heat and humidity, you've gotta believe in something." Sometimes I think we don't realize our faith until it is tested. Then it is strengthened even more.

OKAY. One last thought to think. This week we attended dinner at some members houses from Virginia who are here doing humanitarian work and they just talked about how the people here really have so much charity for each other and those around them and something Brother McDonald said really stood out to me when he said "We may be able to possess our own faith and our own hope, but charity is Christ's alone. Charity never faileth because Christ will never fail any of us." As I rode my bike home I just felt so peaceful. I know that Christ will not fail me and I pray that I may have even a smidgen of the love that He has for these people.

We just keep teaching lessons and working with investigators. Right now we have 3 investigators and I mainly just testify in lessons but I'm excited to get to know more people and be able to help more people as this work continues forward!

Also don't judge my spelling cuz this computer literally tells me every word I type is spelled wrong so now I have trust issues.

Also I could really feel your prayers this week so THANK YOU!!! Thank you always for the love and support.

Next week hopefully I'll have more pics that it will be worth uploading. Just imagine a girl with crazy humidity hair swollen feet and a bloated stomach but a JOYFUL smile.

WOW I wrote a novel again. Sorry 'bout it. I taught my companion that phrase and she keeps using it against me. Oops.

Chi Chau

No comments:

Post a Comment