Mar. 20 I'm going to Vietnam!!
AHHHHHHHHH!!!! It's actually happening! I'm going to Vietnam! I don't think I realize that in about 24 hours I'm going to be trying to speak Vietnamese to people and living a completely different life. My world is about to get turned upside down but in a good way of course!
This week was a whirlwind. A lot of lasts. Last lesson. Last Sunday. Last exercise time. Last temple trip. Last dinner. Last breakfast. About to go have last lunch. I'm obviously not too sad about it cuz the food here is straight t*ash but at the same time I think I'm gonna miss it when they make me eat all sorts of who-knows-what in Vietnam.
We said goodbye to all of our teachers which was kind of sad. And a lot of people in our zone are leaving too. On Sunday all of us that are leaving sung "I am a Child of God" in each of our languages (Mongolian, Thai, and Vietnamese). I thought it was a powerful experience because despite the differences in culture and language and just in general humans all around the world, we are all united as children of God.
I took a lot of pictures this week so I think I'll write the rest of my letter by explaining the pictures:
| The building where we always have class. I spent so much of my MTC life in there. |
| A picture of sanitizer because there is always a virus here and you should always sanitize 23344x a day if you don't want to get sick and even if you do you will probably still get sick. |
| Packing is MESSY. |
| Our puny classroom that we shoved 11 desks in and spent so much time in. So much time in that cramped lil room. Literally when we would have to get in and out of our desks it was a nightmare |
| My desk is always cluttered. No joke. It's just too small for all that stuff. I drop something off it at least 5x a day. |
| Me and my dictionary because I don't know Vietnamese. |
| The cafeteria. I will never miss that place. Except I actually might. TBD. |
| Sister Tilleman-Dick. She is a Mongolian sister that I just love. They didn't get their visas yet so they are serving in Provo for a bit so keep an eye out! |
| Chi Moss found some fake glasses that she wore all the time and it was so hard to take her seriously when she wore them and I loved that. |
| The potato funeral or the funeral potatoes. We wrapped them in lucky toilet paper on Saint Patty's day. |
| Bye bye potatoes. |
| Sister Weaver, another of the Mongolian sisters that I just love. |
| On one of our last days here we had a glowstick and face mask party. You're welcome. |
| Me and my companions. |
| Cac Chi and Cac Thay (teachers) |
Wow. I'm sure you didn't care about any of that. That was SUCH a pointless novel but I think I did that more for myself and for the mems. Ya know. The mems.
Bring it on Vietnam. Bring it on!
MUCHO LOVEO
Chi Campbell
No comments:
Post a Comment