Friday, September 2, 2016

Sign me up

Typical roundabout sign
Typical conversation in the car:
Rod (the driver):  Which exit do I take?
Robyn (the navigator trying to listen to/read the British-speaking car GPS and an American-speaking, sometimes incorrect phone GPS):  I DON'T KNOW!!  I CAN'T TELL.  Maybe just keep going around until I figure it out.
Rod just chooses one.  (He's usually right.)

Near our place in Edinburgh

  In Bath.  Congratulations!  You did it! 

Hay-on-Wye Book town in Wales

Yep, they shot the movie here.
Cardiff

Robyn:  Huh?
Rod:  It's Welsh.
Robyn:  Well, it's Greek to me.


At the Elephant House where J.K. Rowling wrote Harry Potter.  FYI:   It
 costs 1 pound to just go in and look around.
 

In York.  Actually means "What a street!"



Robyn:  I'm NOT going in there.  Thanks to the pastries, I can't afford any more pounds!





Rod (pointing to the sign) :  Hey look at that.  (He's wise enough not to say anything else.)
Robyn:  Are you serious?


Robyn:  I think Aimee and Bronte were born in the wrong decade.


Country church in Rowley





Robyn:  This is for Cameron.
Rod:  We're stopping here just for cookies?
Robyn:  Yep.


No comments:

Post a Comment