Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Next Generation Abraham Child Part 2

The day before Rod and Robyn went on their trip to the UK.

Maddie:  Mom, how are you feeling about the trip?  Are you worried at all?

Robyn:  No.  Not at all.  I'm excited.  Why?

Maddie:  Are you sure?  Because I'm getting a bad feeling about it.

Robyn:  Really?  I wonder why.

Maddie:  Well, because if something happens to you and Dad, I will be the one who has to take care of the little kids.  That means I'll have to drop out of school and live in this house for the next several years until Grace is out of school and then I'll probably get stuck here and do nothing with my life.

Robyn:  Hmmm.  I see that you've given this some thought.  Try not to worry,  I'm sure everything will be fine.  (to herself):  Where did THAT come from?

Maddie:  It's because I'm your Abraham child, you know.  It's too much responsibility.  Are you sure you don't just want to stay home?

Rod (trying to lighten the conversation):  No.  We have good life insurance so you'll be taken care of if something happens.


After Rod and Robyn returned from their trip

Maddie:  I've never been so grateful to see you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment