Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Happy Birthday, Lieutenant Colonel!

One of the things Rod got for his birthday was a promotion from the Air Force--Great timing!

Major Campbell soon to be Lieutenant Colonel Campbell


Robyn (to the kids):  I have an idea for a gift for your dad's birthday but I don't think you're going to like it.

Kids (wary):  What is it?

Robyn:  I think we should clean out the garage on the weekend.  He'll be at Hill doing his military duty that weekend.

Kids (hesitantly):  Okay...we'll try to be there.

Robyn is surprised but pleased.

Later in the week

Robyn:  For your gift, the kids and I were going to clean out the garage but I'm not sure now.  It may be a bit much to tackle without you.

Rod (almost giddy):  Hey, I think it's a GREAT idea!  You don't need me.  I don't need ANY OTHER present.  Really.  I mean it.

Robyn (to herself)  Shoot.  Now there's no getting out of it.  (outloud):  Ok. That's what you're getting for your birthday.  I'll make it happen.

Celebrating with the family who did indeed clean out the garage!

Grace and Aimee gave Rod this
shirt of one of his famous sayings:
  "Congratulations!  You're Normal"

I don't feel 51. 


No comments:

Post a Comment