Friday, September 23, 2016

British People: Ya gotta love 'em

Our cheeky Day time Bath tour guide.

Crazy Comedian --  Evening Bath Tour Guide
Tour guide:  Any Americans in the group?  Yes?  Well, I went to your lovely country and I was very THIN there.

Tony's wife--hostess in St. Briavels.  Delightful, charming woman.
Hostess:  Where are you going today, Love?
Robyn:  We're headed to Cardiff and Tintern Abbey.
Hostess:  Cardiff?  Not sure why you'd want to go THERE.

Buckingham Palace guards


The Brilliant Blacksmith in Stratford upon Avon.
Taught us everything we wanted to know
 about Henry V and the Battle of Agincourt.
Blacksmith:  Well, I actually studied European history at university that's why I love working here.
Rod:  Nate would have loved this guy!

Sue and John, the Good Samaritans who helped
 us when we got a flat tire in Keswick.  They drove us
around in their van trying to find a mechanic that was open.

Quirky yet knowledgeable tour guide in York.  Loved to give the gory details.
 Tour guide:  I like to do reenactments.  In fact I'm going to do one this summer.  My wife doesn't like it because I come home wounded every time.

London Tower Beefeater Tour guide
 Tour guide: Everyone listen.  Please DO NOT ASK ME WHERE THE CROWN JEWELS ARE!  They are over there, people (pointing).  OVER THERE.  READ THE SIGN!

 Trafalgar Square Entertainers





Robyn:  I LOVE the British!
Nate: Mom, whatever you do, DO NOT try to speak with a British accent.  It's embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment