Saturday, December 21, 2013

Heart to heart

Today in the car on the way to a piano recital

Robyn (turning around to face the kids in the back):  Children, I just  want to tell you that I love you.  You each have special gifts and talents and we're so proud of you.  I feel blessed to be your mother.

Aimee:  Mom, are you all right?  You're scaring me.

Nate:  Are you going to die soon?

Maddie:  What's going on?

Robyn:  Nothing.  I just wanted you to know that I love you.

Aimee:  Well, stop it.  It's freaking me out.

Robyn (continuing):  That being said, I just wanted to add...

Maddie (interrupting):  Oh, here it comes.

Robyn:  I  just wanted to add that since we've spent A LOT on you this Christmas, I don't expect you to tell me "no" when I ask you to do something for me.  Do you understand?

Most of the kids nod.

Maddie:  Um.  What is the duration of that request?


No comments:

Post a Comment