Saturday, November 2, 2013

To buy or not to buy? That is the question.

Today when Robyn returned from Costco and was unpacking the groceries

Nate (seeing some chocolate bars that Robyn had bought):  I see the will-power crumbled.

Robyn (rushing to defend her purchase):  Hey, this is chocolate that is good FOR you.  It is sugar-free, gluten-free and dairy-free.

Nate:  Mom, was this chocolate located at the front of the store?

Robyn (wondering where this line of questioning is headed):  Yes, why?

Nate:  Then this is what is called an IMPULSE BUY.

Robyn:  It is NOT an impulse buy.  I fully intended to buy it.

Nate (smugly):  It is too an impulse buy.  I learned in my business class that they place chocolate and other stuff like that at the front of the store to lure people into buying things they wouldn't normally buy.  I bet the carrots and broccoli you bought were at the back of the store, huh.  That is because those are things people need and so it doesn't matter where  they are located in the store.  People don't NEED chocolate so they put it at the front.

Robyn (insistent):  It was NOT an impulse buy.  (to herself) I definitely NEED this chocolate today.

No comments:

Post a Comment