Saturday, November 17, 2012

Music critic

The other day Nate was practicing for his percussion class.  He was playing  "O Come All Ye Faithful" on the bells.  Dexter was sitting on the floor next to him calmly gnawing on a bone.  Robyn heard Nate playing and thought that it might be fun to do a duet so she went and got Aimee's recorder which is just like the one she learned to play in 4th grade.

Robyn:  Nate, show me the music and we can play it together.

Nate:  Ok.

They begin to play together--recorder and bells.

All of a sudden, the dog jumps up on the couch and begins to bark.  Loudly.

They continue to play.

Dexter (is beside himself):  This is killing me!!  Why won't they stop playing?!?   I'm barking as loud as I can. 

They laugh but keep playing.

Dexter:  I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!! Please put me out of my misery!! (and he lets out a loud, piercing howl--something he has NEVER done before).

Robyn and Nate stop playing.

Dexter (jumping off of the couch):  There.  We will have no more of THAT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment