Monday, the day after the change from daylight savings time, was also late-start Monday. On late-start Mondays Nate doesn't have to get the bus until 8:57 a.m. School starts at 9:20. Robyn decided to go for a run around 8:30 so she could be back in time to get ready for work. She told Nate who was practicing for his percussion test to leave for the bus at 8:55.
It was NOT a comfortable run for Robyn. She had bought some new running pants for the cold weather and they kept falling down so she ended up having to hold them up while running--awkward and embarrassing. Furthermore, she really, really had to go to the bathroom right in the middle of the run with no restroom or outhouse in sight. Consequently, she decided to cut her run short so that she didn't have an accident on the side of the road.
As she approached the house, she saw someone standing on the corner. Getting closer, she realized that it was Nate and that he had obviously missed the bus.
Robyn: Nate! What happened?! Why did you miss the bus?
Nate: I didn't miss the bus. I think that the bus driver must have forgotten that we changed the clocks.
Robyn (pointing to the bus stop): Then where is everyone? There are no people at the bus stop!
Nate: Oh. Well, I don't know what happened. I thought I got out here on time.
Robyn (a little exasperated): Go get in the van. I'll take you to school, but I think I'm going to start charging you a fee every time you miss the bus. If I'm going to be a taxi, then you're going to pay for it. This is happening too much.
Nate: Ok. Thanks, Mom.
On the drive to school
Robyn: You know, Nate, Heavenly Father really loves you. He made me cut my run short so that I could drive you to school and you could get there on time.
Nate: Yeah, I know He loves me.
No comments:
Post a Comment