On Sunday, Rod was released as bishop after 5 1/2 years.
At church
Aimee: I've never seen dad smile so much on the stand. He is almost giddy.
Stake President: I see Sister Campbell beaming in the audience, I think we should hear from her next.
Robyn: When Rod was first called to this calling people came up to us and said "Congratulations". I'm not sure that is the right word because we didn't do anything to merit congratulations. This was a calling. I think that the better thing to say would be "May the Lord bless you. . . "
Sister sitting in front of Robyn turns around after Robyn sits down: Is "Congratulations" appropriate NOW?
At home after church, the children were waxing nostalgic
Maddie: Remember those princess stories that dad used to tell about us? They were great.
Aimee: Yeah, they were about us and our friends but YOU weren't in any of them, Mom.
Robyn: I know. I wasn't even allowed to hear any of them.
Nate: It's because Dad didn't want anyone to take your name in vain.
A little later that day, Rod walks in
Rod: I feel like pumping my arms and shouting "Woohoo!!" I feel like I just finished a marathon--it was a great race, I did my best and gave it my all but now I'm DONE and I don't need to do it again anytime soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment