Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Psychological games: Don't mess with a mother bear

A few days ago

Nate:  This girl in my class is so mean. She talks bad about me to her friends.  It drives me crazy.  I haven't done ANYTHING to her!

Rod:  What does she say?

Nate:  I'd rather not say.

Robyn:  What is her name?

Nate: Eunice (name has been changed, obviously :)

Robyn remains silent but files this information away for later use.

Today at the science fair

6th grade girl:  Hey, you're Nate's mom, right?

Robyn:  Yes, that's right. What is your name?

6th grade girl:  Eunice.

Robyn (seizing an opportunity):  Ah, so YOU'RE Eunice.  Nate has told me about you.  He said that you say such nice things about him and are very kind.  As a mother, that makes me very happy.  Thank you for being nice to my son.

6th grade girl looking surprised and not a little confused just smiles.

Robyn (to herself):  I guess that's better than cutting off her arms and spitting in the hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment