
Last week
Rod: I lost my sunglasses again. I need to buy some new ones.
Robyn: Kids, I'm taking bets. How long do you think Dad will keep his sunglasses this time?
Nate: One day.
Rod: Thanks for the vote of confidence, son.
Aimee: One week.
Grace: Two days.
Maddie: I'll give it 2 weeks before they're gone.
Robyn: I say he will probably lose them by the end of the summer.
Rod: You think I'll keep them that long?
One week later.
Rod: Well, my sunglasses broke today. Who guessed one week?
Robyn: How did they break?
Rod: I don't know. Part of the earpiece just snapped off. I guess I can still wear them but I look like a dork.
Later in the day while out with Robyn, Rod gets out of the car and throws the sunglasses on the seat.
Robyn (when Rod gets back in the car): I know why your sunglasses get broken or lost all of the time. You just toss them on the seat when you get out of the car. You don't even look where they land and I'm sure that you don't look when you get back in the car. You need to put them in a safe place each time you get out of the car.
Rod: You mean like this sunglasses holder thing in the car right here? (He opens it to find. . . wait for it. . . wait for it. . . THE MISSING SUNGLASSES of course!!).
Robyn (full aware of the irony, starts laughing.)
Rod: It's gotta be those fish pills. (see previous post)
No comments:
Post a Comment