Monday, October 2, 2017

Chi Tinh's Baptism!!!

August 21 2017

HELLO. XIN CHAO TAT CA MOI NGUOI

Guess what? I have more to say.

Guess how efficient me and my companion were this very P-Day? Well....you don't need to guess any longer because I will tell you. We started emailing at 11 and before that: We woke up at 6, cleaned our apartment, biked through Cau Saigon, WENT ON A RUN, went and ate waffles at this cute French Cafe, went grocery shopping and then biked back over Cau Saigon and here I am. Sorry because I don't think you care that much but if that isn't a representation of how efficient a human can be with their time I don't know what is. We are going to go home and sleep after this too.

But I want to talk about how I went running for my first time in Vietnam besides the one time I was late for the bus and running in my crocs that are too big for me and my feet were sliding all around. My legs are not used to running motions. Only biking. Running was like running on noodles. Noodles I tell you. It was the weirdest sensation. So now I challenge everyone to only bike around for 5 months then try running again and see what it's like so you can really know. ANYWAY...did I tell you how I've lost my croc like 3 times when I bike. Well not really lost. I'll just be biking then my croc will come off, then I'll have to bike back and go get it. Anyway, that is TMI and now I'm just rambling.

Me and my companion eat so much junk food and good food. Basically our life consists of eating as much curry and che as possible as well as Oreos. We cook sometimes mom, but I'm rather happy with the arrangement.

But for actually important things:

You know that our investigator I talked about last time who loves the Book of Mormon? Well guess what? She still loves it and bore her testimony about the power behind it last lesson. We taught her the Plan of Salvation and she just lit up. She really is a joy to teach!

This Sunday was Chi Tinh's baptism and she is literally the cutest human in the entire world. She invited all of her friends and coworkers and a lot of them came! She was seriously so excited and when we gave her a little baptism gift before she almost exploded! She bore the sweetest testimony and I'm so excited to see how she continues to blossom because baptism is really just the beginnning :)

The gospel truly brings joy into our lives. I know that.

WOW. A NOVEL. SORRY BOUT IT. Also, sorry for certain spelling and grammar errors, but the computer is being weird and not really letting me fix them.

And for my mother: Pictures!!


Chi Tinh, me and my companion and Chi Van, the golden investigator
that I mentioned before!






Me and my companion post short run but lots of sweat



No comments:

Post a Comment