Monday, November 27, 2017

BeGratitudes

Here is Robyn's list of Graditudes:

1. I am thankful that Aimee is in Vietnam learning a super hard language, dealing with lots of sweat, eating things she's never heard of,  learning to love all kinds of people, and has a burning desire to bring them unto Christ.
2.  I am thankful that it has been warm here for the past 2 weeks and that we have had the most spectacular sunsets.
3.  I am thankful that I didn't drop the pumpkin pies all over the floor or myself this time so that I could keep my pants up.
4.  I am thankful for online shopping so I can sit in my house and not have to go out and fight the crazy crowds.
5.  I am thankful to be married to an amazing husband who fixes things around the house, can deal with cars that break down, goes shopping at Costco the day before Thanksgiving, and who just loves me for who I am--craziness and all.
6.  I am thankful that Grace likes to play club volleyball so I don't have to only watch terrible high school volleyball.
7.  I am thankful that Nate has a job he hates but goes and does it anyway so that he can learn to do hard things.
8. I am thankful for a dog who cuddles up next to me when it's cold.
9. I am thankful for a son-in-law who will go shopping at 11:30 at night with my daughter and try to help her find obscure ingredients so she can bake a cake for Thanksgiving and that he will get up early the next morning to take Nate to play in a turkey bowl football game.
10.  I am grateful that Maddie has nice friends that she brings over for Thanksgiving (Laurel) and a not so nice roommate to teach her charity.  I'm grateful for the example she sets for me on charity.
11.  I am thankful for Bronte who has a growth mindset and when her cake doesn't turn out the way she wants, instead of throwing it away or saying she's never going to do bake again, she brings it to dinner (it looks amazing and tastes pretty good) and asks for advice on how to make it better.
12.  I am thankful that I was able to serve my mom and dad by taking care of my mom for a few hours and that she is doing much better (with her broken ribs and bruised lung)  and can get up and walk around without much difficulty and moaning.
13.  I am thankful for wheat thins but wish that I hadn't eaten two whole boxes of them practically all by myself.
14.  I am thankful that two of my sisters from opposites sides of the family were able to sit and talk about mental health issues in a way that uplifted and benefited both of them and me.
15.  I am thankful for my Savior and the plan of salvation that gives me hope and peace amidst a world in chaos.

BE THANKFUL.

1 comment: