Monday, October 2, 2017

Earthquake!!!

Robyn was in Mexico City on a business trip (for the MTC) during the 7.1 Earthquake that hit the area on Sept. 19.  She sent this text out so that the family would know that she was safe.

Robyn:  Just experienced my first earthquake!  Buildings, trees, cars and the ground were swaying. I felt like I was on a ride where I couldn't walk straight.  We're here at the temple parking lot.  People are pouring out of the temple in their whites.  The interesting thing was that we had done a practice drill a few hours before so we knew what to do and where to go.  It's the anniversary of the big Mexico earthquake of 1985.  7.1 on the rector scale.  Epicenter was close by.

Responses from the girls:
Bronte:  Dang!  Well, I'm glad you're safe.
Maddie:  That's alarming!  Glad you're safe!
Grace: I'm glad you're ok.
Grandma J:  As your mother I'm glad you are safe.  I will pass the word along.

...and from the boys:
Nate:  Congrats!
Rod:  Well THAT wasn't on the agenda.



Back of the Mexico City temple

The green square is one of the designated gathering spots
for earthquakes.


Front  of the Mexico City temple
Note:  No damage to the temple or any of the buildings on temple square.  We visited the Mexico MTC the day before.  It's beautiful and there is an amazing spirit there.






























No comments:

Post a Comment