Friday, July 14, 2017

Travelin' with the Cos

July 10, 2017

I think I'll talk about what happened this week? Okay...here I go:

Uhhhh....this week we went to Binh Duong--one of our areas that is really far away. We took a bus for two hours then a taxi to meet with some members there. We traveled with two Co (a title given to women who range from 45ish-65ish...that's you mom) and it was quite an adventure. No one knew where anything was so we got lost a lot but the two Cos were a hoot ya know. They were all about the contacting life :) I really love them. They are so sweet and always make us food.

 Anyway, we visited two different families there. The first family that we visited was an elderly couple. They live in a very simple and small house, but the love that they have for everyone around them and for each other is truly incredible. Just from visiting them I learned about what true meekness and charity looks like and how material possessions mean nothing if we don't have those two qualities. It was really an honor to be able to eat and talk with them.

Us and the Co's and the woman that we visited (her husband had to
leave for work by then) it was quite funny how many times
we had to take that picture for the Cos to be satisfied. 

Also nearby their house has some tire swings and guess what happened to me? I got on it and completely flipped over. Add that to my tally of "accidental flashes" it got the Co's laughing :)

The tire swing post-fall off. 
The other member's family that we visited has a son who is 10 years old and we are going to start teaching him the gospel which means we will bike to Binh Duong once a week. Pray for me....jk jk I want to bike that far. For the mem's, ya know?

Also I realized I haven't really talked about many of our investigators. We have had a lot recently that have become really busy or are unsure about the gospel, but we have also had the opportunity to teach the cutest girl ever named Chi Mi. I seriously love her. She asks the cutest most innocent questions and is really sincere about trying to live the gospel. She has a baptism date for the end of this month and she's really the kind of person that makes me want to learn Vietnamese so that we can be friends because I feel like we would get along really well.

One morning me and Chi Thuy Anh had an early appointment so we were able to ride our bikes in the city early in the morning as everyone is going to work and school and I was just riding rather slowly and thinking to myself and I felt such peace and wonderment that I have the opportunity to be here and meet so many wonderful people. The Lord truly cares about all of His children.

Wow that was a lot of rambling....sorry.

I love you all!

Sincerely,

Chi Chau

I will now send some pictures for my mother.

We bought some beautiful flowers off the side of the road for $3...there's really so many opportunities to purchase so many things on our bike ride to the church. Sometimes we can't resist :) Also that painting a recent convert in another branch painted for Chi Thuy Anh. Such talent!



Me and my companion getting some food. I ordered the wrong kind of spaghetti. It was not very delicious. I can't even blame it on my bad Vietnamese though because the menu was in English as well.


Wow. I am rather long-winded today. Next time I will be shorter. Sorry bout it.

Pictures of Saigon Zone Conference courtesy of Sister Coffey and Facebook - July 11, 2017











No comments:

Post a Comment