Monday, June 26, 2017

Splendid

June 25, 2017

I don't know why I titled my e-mail splendid, but I haven't used that word in a while and I like the way that it rolls off of my tongue.

Some random things I wish to impart to all of you today:

Everyone here thinks that I am from Russia.

This week there was the biggest rain storm that has happened while I have been here and the streets flooded with a lot of water. We walked through them to go and visit the home of a less active and turns out she wasn't at home but it was all worth it for the adventure! Besides the super-de-duper slimy mud that creeped my toes out. I think the Lord blessed my bare feet from getting all kinds of fungi because I walked over some nasty stuff.

The flood duh

Chi Chau and her companion walking in the flooded streets.  


There was a tiny bug on me and I screamed really loud and dropped the Ritz crackers all over the floor. Sometimes I can't help myself.

I "translated" the lesson for a Senior Missionary in Relief Society and my translation was quite terrible but a nice experience. My translation went something along the lines of "Something about tithing....we all need to love each other...ummmm..." and many awkward silences.

The missionary work here has been slower than usual lately because a lot of our investigators are really busy or visiting their home towns or are not too sure about the gospel but we are hoping that we can focus more on helping less-actives in our branch.

I read in Mosiah 4 this week and wow that chapter is GOOD. I never realized until reading it this time how much it talks about the true joy that we receive when we repent. Repentance is a joyful thing! I want to feel the joy of repentance everyday as I seek to change and become more like my Savior.

As always, I love you all.

So much love it's too cray to even say,

Chi Campbell Chau Aimee Noelle Wow I'm 20


There is a new supermarket attached to our apartment complex
 and why not take a picture by the balloons, ya know?

No comments:

Post a Comment