Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Anthropology 101

A couple months ago toward the beginning of the semester

Aimee (stressed):  Mom, I'm going to die!  I still have a paper to finish and I have to read 60 pages for Anthropology all before midnight tonight!

Robyn:  Aimee, you know you don't have to read EVERYTHING, just skim it.

Aimee:  I have to give myself points for how much I read.

Robyn:  So, take a lower score and save yourself some stress. In college you can't do it ALL!! (to herself):  Hmm.  Is this good parenting? Telling her to do less?

Aimee:  I can't do that.

Robyn (sighing to herself):  I guess she'll have to figure it out for herself.

Last week

Aimee:  Mom, I'm kind of proud of myself.  I had a 1500 word paper due in Anthropology and I wrote it in class because the teacher is sooooo boooring!  It was crap but my flying phalanges cranked that thing out in no time!

Robyn (to herself): Ahhh, finally!!  She's starting to get it.  (outloud):  Good job!


On Sunday during Sunday dinner
Robyn:  So what has been the highlight of your semester?

Aimee:  I can't think of a highlight, but my biggest regret is pushing the register button for Anthropology!

No comments:

Post a Comment