Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Eagle Scout

Nate finished all of the requirements for his Eagle Scout award and turned in the paper work. The last thing was the Board of Review which he apparently thought was similar to the Spanish Inquisition.

On the way to the Board of Review

Nate:  Mom, I need my inhaler.

Robyn:  You don't have an inhaler.

Nate:  Well, then I need a brown paper bag.  I'm, having difficulty breathing!

Robyn:  Nate, calm down.  It's going to be ok!  You've already done all of the work.  This is just a formality.

Grace:  What if they ask you to tie a knot or something like that?

Nate (being dramatic)  Then I will tie a noose and stick my neck in it!

While waiting to be interviewed, we are sitting in an area with other potential Eagle Scouts.

Nate (looking around at the other Scouts and then at his merit badge sash):  How many badges fit on this thing?

Nate (suddenly folds his arms over his merit badge sash):  Hmm.  I guess that I'm in a room with serious Scouts.  Some of us were just going for completion.

Later Nate comes out of the room from the interview while the board decides if he gets to be an Eagle.

Rod:  How was it?

Nate:  Well, I think I passed but I could have used an inhaler.  They asked questions that I had no idea about. Hey, Dad, do YOU even know what the three fingers stand for?  (pause)  I didn't think so. What kind of question is that?  I had to tell them I didn't know.

Back in the room

Scout leader:  Nate, we asked you some tough questions and  I was impressed that you admitted that you didn't know.  Remember, a Scout is honest.

Nate (to himself):  So THAT's what that was about?  You could have done a different test!


Nate and his Scout leader, Brian Jensen





No comments:

Post a Comment