Sunday, August 23, 2015

Don't be hasty

This morning the family had the unusual experience of being all together for breakfast.  Bronte is home for the week because it's "homeless week" at BYU.  Maddie just got back from visiting her cousin's, Devyn's, family in Texas.  Rod's Sunday meeting ended early.

At the table

Rod (proudly):  Last night when we went out to dinner, I asked Bryce about how he proposed to his fiance.  He said it was on Facebook.  I got to tell him that I wasn't on Facebook.

Bronte:  Don't you think it's about time you did get on Facebook?

Aimee:  Not if his texting is any indication.

Maddie:  Yeah, Dad.  You talk differently in text than anyone else I know.

Rod:  What,  you mean with correct grammar?

Aimee:  No.  Here's an example.  I kept this one because it makes me laugh when I see it.  You wrote:  "Let's not be too hasty!"  Who says that ?

Nate:  Well imagine writing that on Facebook after someone announced an engagement?


No comments:

Post a Comment