Saturday, August 22, 2015

Becoming an adult

There are some things about being an adult that Aimee isn't thrilled about.

A few weeks ago

Aimee (holding her first pay check, angry and disgusted):  LOOK AT HOW MUCH THEY TOOK OUT OF MY PAYCHECK!!!  WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE?  THAT'S MY MONEY! HOW CAN THEY DO THAT?  

Rod:  It's called taxes, Sweetheart and THEY do it all the time to EVERYONE.  Welcome to MY world.

Aimee:  Well, that's ridiculous!  What am I supposed to live on?  (throws her paycheck to the ground and stomps off).


The other day

Aimee (outraged): College is sooooo expensive!!  I could do lots of fun and interesting things with the money that these 10 TEXTBOOKs cost!  I could buy a whole new wardrobe.  Or I could buy a hammock and sit on the beach for a week. I could even go on a hot air balloon ride around the Grand Canyon!  It's not worth it!

Robyn (to herself):  It's a good thing she doesn't have to pay for tuition or housing yet.

Another day

Aimee (flopping down on the bed in despair):  I just realized that next week, I'll have to cook for myself.  I'M NOT READY FOR THIS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment