Nate and his buddies have started a lawn care business which includes mowing and trimming lawns and pulling weeds. They are starting to regret the pulling weeds part.
Robyn: So how does this business work? Who is in charge? How are you going to divide up the work and the money? Do you have a business plan?
Nate: Well, first we need a mascot. We thought that we could get some hermit crabs and name them and they could be our mascot. They could live at our house since we have the stuff from when we had crabs before.
Robyn: Nate, we already have a dog. That is as many pets as I can handle. The hermit crabs can't live here.
Nate: Well, no one else can have them! I told the guys we could have them here because we've had them before.
Robyn: Not gonna happen.
Nate walks away with a sigh.
After a few jobs have been completed.
Nate: I think it's time for a company party.
Robyn: Oh? Why?
Nate: It will keep everyone happy. Maybe we'll order some pizza and play video games. Would you like to contribute to the company entertainment fund?
Robyn: I'm already donating a lawnmower and some gas to the company so I think I've given all I'm going to donate at this point.
Nate: Well, now I don't know how we'll have a party.
After a few weeks of working
Nate: Some of the guys wanted to change roles and be in charge of the company so we decided to wrestle for it. I won so I'm still CEO of the company.
Rod: You mean you fought for the company. . .like pirates? You literally wrestled for control of the company?
Nate: Yeah. It was easy, I'm a lot bigger than the others. I even took on two of them at once and still won.
Rod (proudly): Wow. Good job, Son! (later to Robyn) Can you imagine what that would be like if CEOs of major companies actually wrestled for control of the company? So Larry Page, CEO of Google, says 'Ok, I hear some of you guys want my job. You'll have to wrestle me for it. Let's move this conference table and you can line up right there!'

No comments:
Post a Comment