Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Not in the genes

Today in the car.  Maddie and Robyn were going to buy some fabric for a quilt that Maddie will be making at Mutual.  Nate was going to life weights with Rod at the gym.

Nate:  Mom,  I just don't think that sewing is in our Campbell genes.

Robyn (with a twinge of guilt reluctantly agrees):  Yes.  But why do you think so?

Nate:  Well, during my CTE class--the sewing part--when we had to make a pillowcase, I was terrible at it! I used the seam ripper more than I used the sewing machine.  I would take my pillowcase up to my teacher and she would just look at me and hand me the seam ripper.  I probably should have just kept a seam ripper in my desk.  It would have made things easier.

Robyn:  So what do you think we Campbells ARE good at?

Nate:  Eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment