Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Let the record show. . .

On Sunday, Nate was already gearing up for Robyn's birthday and trying to do things to make her happy.

Nate (with his index finger pointing upward, trying to make a "point"):  Mom, let the record show that I will hang up these church pants and put them in my closet.

Nate (continuing):  Let the record show that I will also hang up this white shirt and put it in my closet so it will not be wrinkled when I need it.

Nate (on a roll):  Furthermore, let the record show that I will put my tie and my belt together in my drawer so that I don't have to go on a long search for them.

Nate (concluding):  And, let the record show that I will put my socks in my shoes so that they will never be apart.

Robyn (somewhat stunned, to herself):  Is the record showing the end of the world too?  (Out loud):  So let it be written, so let it be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment