Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The cheerleader

This morning Robyn was putting away Christmas decorations and moving furniture back to it's normal place.  Rod was helping her move a heavy chest.  Last year Aimee and Nate were trying to be helpful so they decided to move the chest for their Mom.  Unfortunately, while carrying the chest across the room, they dropped it, and broke the lid.  Robyn asked Rod to help this year.

Robyn:  Rod!  It's slipping!  I need to put it down!  Don't let me drop it!

Rod:  Ok.  Just a minute.  Let me make sure I have a good hold on it first.

Nate (watching and glad that he doesn't have to do it this time):  Come on, Mom!  You can do it!  You gave birth to five children.  This is a piece of cake for you.

Robyn (to herself): Yeah, but I was  a lot younger then.

No comments:

Post a Comment