Yesterday, Nate went on a tirade for about 45 minutes because he "DOES NOT WANT TO GO ON THE KLONDIKE" camp out with the Scouts. (Klondike = camping in the snow). After he calmed down, Robyn and Rod found this essay on their bed.
The Essay
By Nate
Campbell
I think that
I should not go on the campout for these three Reasons I do not want to go, my
best friend in church is not going, and Grandma is coming.
I do not
want to go. Have you ever done something that you did not want to do? Of course
you have and do you remember that bad felling that you had? Now I am pretty
sure you have made someone do something that they did not want to like yours
truly and did you have a bad felling? If you did then congrats you are human. If
you did not have a bad felling then well I guess you enjoy making life
miserable for other people. So I beg of you for you to consider it and not make
my life miserable.
My best
friend Chandler is not going. This is a hard blow for me because we usually
have fun with each other. I also have been doing some research and I have found
out that Bryant is coming and last Klondike he kicked me in the shin. It did not
hurt but it left a big bruise. None of my real friends are coming. Jamen is not
coming and so many others. But if Trevor is there I will run home because last
year he hit me in the head with an ice ball and my head hurt for a week and
even if he does not go, there is going to be a snowball fight and how do I know
this? Because we had one last year and I got hit with stinging ice.
Grandma is
coming. Grandma is the best babysitter in the whole wide world and missing out
on it would be the saddest thing. I would like to make another point. If I am
gone and you guys are gone who is going to take care of Dexter? You know that I
and you guys are the only ones that can control him. How is he going to get his
exercise? Grandma has many talents but dog control is not one of them. You even
said it yourself that this kind of dog needs to exercised every day and how are
you going to a mange without me? You know deep in your heart that only I can
save the house from being destroyed while you are gone.
I love both
of you very much but please do not make me go on the Klondike. ;)
Quite persuasive. The jury is still out on this.
Best line: "Grandma has many talents but dog control is not one of them."
ReplyDeleteAs a member of the jury, I find in favor of the plaintiff.
ReplyDeleteCoreen.
P.S. He didn't go on the Klondike this year, but he promised to go on all of the other campouts WITHOUT COMPLAINING or writing essays :)
ReplyDeleteConcerned about stifling his " right to write" in future:)
ReplyDelete