Monday, May 7, 2012

Maddie and Aimee on Parenting




Maddie:  If I were a parent, I would make sure that the punishment matched the crime and I wouldn't give out punishment in the heat of the moment.  I would wait until I had calmed down first.

Rod:  Those are some good ideas. 

Aimee:  Yeah, half the time you guys don't even enforce the punishments.  You need to do better at following through on those.

Maddie (flabbergasted that her sister would give up this information):  Aimee, BE QUIET!! You're ruining my life!

Aimee (not caring about how this conversation will affect her or her siblings continues full speed ahead):  I can tell you all of the punishments that work best for each child.  Do you want to hear them?

Rod and Robyn are intrigued and nod in agreement while the siblings try to get her to be quiet.  Unfortunately for them, she has set the ball in motion now and can't be distracted from her purpose.

Aimee:  For Grace take away ice cream.  For Nate take away screen time.  For Maddie take away her phone or ground her.  For Bronte take away the car.

Rod:  We can't really discipline Bronte anymore, she's an adult.  But what about you, Aimee?

Aimee:  Oh, nothing works on me.  (She stops to think for a moment):  Actually, you can ground me from piano lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment