Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Epidurals and pregancy

At the dinner table

Bronte:  I watched this movie where a woman was at a Lamaze class and the teacher asked, "Who's going to have a natural birth?"  and all of the women but one raised their hands. Then she asked, "Who's going to poison their baby with nasty Western medicine for selfish purposes?" And the one who didn't raise her hand before yells "me" and raises her hand high.

Aimee:  Mom, did you have an epidural?

Robyn:  Yes.  Absolutely.  With all of you.  Except with Nate it didn't really work.

Nate:  (with a bunch of broccoli hanging out of the corner of his mouth)  Maybe THAT's the reason I am the way I am.

A little while later

Aimee: Mom, did you get very big with your pregnancies?

Robyn: Yes. I was as big as a house.

Bronte: Well, you kind of were a house being pregnant--a person was living inside you.

Nate: (starts to add something to the conversation, then catches himself): I better not enter into this conversation. I guess it's just time to listen and learn.

Robyn (to herself):  Sometime he does "get" it.

No comments:

Post a Comment