Today
Robyn comes home from the gym to a message from the garage door repairman saying that he came by but no one was home so she will have to reschedule. Robyn who has again become accustomed to a garage door that opens automatically isn't really pleased about waiting longer for this perceived necessity (bending over to open the garage door and then remembering to close it after you back out is such a pain). She calls him back to reschedule anyway. He says he can come by after 5:00 p.m. So Robyn goes about her day which includes DIY hair coloring. With 30 minutes left on the timer, the phone rings.
Garage Door Repairman: Mrs Campell?
Robyn: Yes?
GDR: I've had a cancellation. I can come by in the next few minutes to fix the garage if that will work for you?
Robyn (silently weighing the option of not getting the garage fixed until later with the fact that her hair is in a pile on her head looking anything but normal, makes a decision): Ah. . .Sure.
GDR: Ok. I'll see you in a few minutes.
Robyn (to herself): Oh, yes you will! I hope I can stand the embarrassment. (out loud): Ok.
In the meantime, Robyn busies herself with dusting the furniture. As promised, in a few minutes with about 20 minutes remaining on the timer, the doorbell rings and it's the GDR. Robyn almost bursting from embarrassment hesitantly opens the door and gets NO REACTION WHATSOEVER from GDR.
Robyn doesn't know whether to be relieved or dismayed.
GDR fixes the garage--claiming it was a small problem and not rocket science implying that Robyn probably could have fixed it herself--and leaves.
Robyn goes back into the house to finish dusting the furniture and discovers that instead of using the furniture polish, she had, in fact, used the kids spray on sunscreen.
Robyn (to herself): How many times can I be humbled in one day?
Hey, at least you were dusting :0
ReplyDelete