Saturday, March 3, 2012

Persistence

The other day

Maddie:  Mom, can I have a cupcake?

Robyn:  Not right now.  I'm taking them to someone.

A few minutes later

Maddie:  Mom, can I have one NOW?  You've already got the ones you're taking separated from the rest.

Robyn:  Not yet.  You can wait until after dinner.

A very few minutes later

Maddie:  Mom,  pppplllleeeaaasssee can I have that little one in the blue cupcake wrapper?  It's so tiny, you won't even know it's gone.

Robyn (getting impatient):  Maddie just WAIT until after dinner like I told you.  We're going to eat in a few minutes.

Maddie:  But it's so small, you won't even miss it.

Robyn:  Maddie, will you please just leave the kitchen.  This is getting ridiculous.

Maddie: Ok.  I won't bug you anymore, if I can stay.

Robyn:  Not another word about the cupcake.

Maddie makes a zipping motion on her lips.

A few minutes later

Aimee:  Mom, can I have a cupcake?

Maddie:  Aimee, don't even bother.  I've been chiseling away at the iceberg for a while now and haven't made much progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment