Note: This is shared with permission
This happened a few weeks ago
Robyn: I want to see that Zoo movie. It looks good.
Maddie: Yeah, I've seen most of it?
Robyn: Really? When did you see it.
Maddie: I went with A--- and H--- after a swimmeet. Didn't I tell you?
Robyn: I don't remember it.
Maddie: Well it was quite the embarrasssing story. Do you want to hear it?
Robyn: Of course. (to herself) Who wouldn't?
Maddie: It was after the big swimmeet, and A---- wanted me and H---- to meet her at the movies. She has this thing about not going to the movies alone. H---- and I were tired, but she begged so we went. As we were sitting there, two boys showed up G---- and the Boy Who Tried To Kiss Me on the bus coming home from St. George. So of course, they made us scoot over so that we were sitting boy, girl, boy, girl and of course I had to sit by BWTTKM. I didn't want to touch him or anything so I tried to make myself as small as possible in my chair and had my arms tightly folded in front of me. But, it was after a swimmeet and we were all tired. I think that all of us fell asleep at one point or another during the movie. Now comes the embarrassing part. I obviously fell asleep because I felt a little nudge--like someone was shrugging a shoulder--and I realized that I had fallen asleep on the shoulder of the guy next to me--NOT BWTTKM but the guy on the OTHER side of me. I looked up and I was very glad it was dark because my face was burning from embarrassment. I didn't know what to say except, "Oh, I'm so sorry." He was very nice and just said, "That's ok. You must be tired. My wife doesn't mind." Then I looked over and saw his wife and she was smiling and waving at me. I've never been so mortified in my whole life. Of course BWTTKM was awake, watching the whole thing and just said "What? MY shoulder isn't good enough for you?"
Same thing happened to me, only I was 5. Nice job Maddie!
ReplyDeletepoor Maddie. makes a great story though. the bright side is she didn't drool:)
ReplyDelete