Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Persuade me

A few days ago, Nate and Luke were talking on the phone.

Nate (holding the phone):  Dad, Luke and I want to have a sleepover.  Can we?

Rod:  Hmm.  I'm not sure.

Nate:  Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaasssssse!!!

Rod:  Well, I'll think about it.

Nate:  What's it going to take to convince you?

Rod:  A persuasive essay.

Nate (to Luke on the phone):  Luke, my dad says that if we write a persuasive essay about why we should have a sleepover he'll consider it. . . Don't worry I'll teach you. . . You have to start with an opening paragraph and then give three reasons and then have a concluding paragraph. . . I think we're going to have to go above and beyond on this essay and make it really good so that we can get what we want.

Here is Nate's essay:

I believe that Luke and I should have a sleepover for these three reasons: we could get out of your hair, we would spend more time together as cousins, and we would play outside.

First, we could get out of your hair. I know that I can get in your hair, but a sleepover can change that. We would be so interested in each other that we would leave you alone and we would use our very SMART brains and do something. I know that you will ask: “Do these activities involve getting in my hair?”  And I say unto you “Nay, I give you my honor that none of the activities will get in your hair, and if they do you may chose any punishment of these five: no ice cream, no screen (meaning no ps3, ect), no friends, extra chores, and  no sleepovers for a month!”
Second, we would spend more time together as cousins. You know how you are always telling to play with a friend? Well, Luke is the best friend I ever had. We would spend a lot of time together since we love each other so much it. The sleepover will be a blast!

Third, we would play outside. Since we are so good at thinking of games, we could go outside and do that game and when we get tired of that game we will think of a new one. And, we will play it for hours-- not minutes, not seconds--hours and by the time we are done, we will think of a new game and more and more games until we are so pooped out that we have to drag ourselves to bed.

In conclusion, I believe that Luke and I should have a sleepover for these three reasons we could get out of your hair, we would spend more time as cousins, we would play outside. I invite you to let us cousins have a sleepover.

       LOVE,
       Nate

P.S.  A sleepover was granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment