Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Valley of the Goblins

We took a family day trip to Goblin Valley State Park on the weekend. We hiked through Little Wild Horse Slot Canyon then spent some time walking and climbing in the Valley of the Goblins. It was a much needed excursion.

Little Wild Horse 





Grace:  It's nice to see Nate out of his natural habitat and on a hike with us.
Nate:  What do you mean by my "natural" habitat?


Aimee: The holes in the rock are freaking me out.  I must have a hole phobia.  I hate them.




Nate:  So how much hiking are we going to be doing?
Robyn: We're mostly just walking with a little bit of scrambling over some rocks.

Later:
Nate: What is your definition of scrambling? This is serious rock climbing. And might I say that for a 6'4 1/2 in tall person, scrambling doesn't come easy. I'm getting all sweaty.

Grace:  Why are we the only family with big kids.  Everyone else has little kids with them.
Aimee: Yeah, why didn't you take us hiking more when we were little?
Robyn (to herself): Because no one likes hiking with a bunch of whiners.  (out loud): Oh, I don't know. We wanted to wait until you were a little older.
Aimee:  Well, I'm going to strap my kids on me when they are babies and start hiking from day one.
Robyn (to herself):  Yeah, we'll see how THAT goes. (out loud): That sounds like a good idea. Go for it.

Valley of the Goblins

Due to Corona and caps on people allowed into the park, we had to wait about 30 minutes before we could enter the park--a car out, a car in. So we ate lunch in the car.







Robyn:  Some of these rock formations look like people I know.





 I spy with my little eye...



No comments:

Post a Comment