A few weeks ago.
Robyn: So, Elder Campbell, what do you like about the MTC?
Elder Campbell: I like gym time. It's just recess for grown ups.
Elder Campbell on time passing in the MTC
Elder Campbell (showing several rows of empty water bottles): See my water bottle collection. It's my way of scratching marks off the wall for every day of life here.
Another time
Elder Campbell: The MTC feels like Spirit Prison.
And yet another time
Elder Campbell: I need to change my RPF.
Robyn: Your RPF?
Elder Campbell: Yes, my Resting Pathetic Face.
Robyn: Oh, why?
Elder Campbell: Because my Branch President must be worried about me. He keeps telling me things like even though the MTC probably feels like Liberty Jail, I'll get through it. And Enos prayed day and night, but that's not required of you. In my head, I'm like stop comparing me to prophets. This is getting out of hand.
Talking to his sister, Maddie.
Maddie: I'm worried that you are going to change ,and we won't be the same anymore.
Elder Campbell: I'll come back the same old Nate, just slightly more religious.
Talking to his sister, Grace.
Grace: Nate, is that a hydro flask you're holding? How very VSCO girl of you.
Elder Campbell: Yes, my companion and I are both VSCO girls. We both have hydro flasks.
Robyn (listening in): You're Disco girls?
Grace: No, Mom it's VSCO.
Elder Campbell: But back in your day, they probably called it Disco girls.
Note: Google definition of VSCO: VSCO girl is a term generally used as an insult for a young, usually white woman who posts trendy pictures of herself edited on the app VSCO.
No comments:
Post a Comment