Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Brotherly advice

The other day, Nate and Grace were talking about friends.  Nate was "counseling" his younger sister.  Robyn was listening in the other room.

Nate:  Grace, if you really want A LOT of friends, just go buy a pizza and carry it around.  You'll have TONS of friends!



Grace:  That's a BOY solution.  That doesn't really work with girls.


After this counseling session was over, Robyn sent Nate a text:  

"Dearest Nate,
As I  lie on my sickbed and listen to you counsel your sister, I can't help but be grateful for this side of you...the caring, sometimes self-deprecating, funny, and sweet side.  Thank you for being there for your sister when she needed to talk. You are a blessing to us both.  Love you."

Nate responded with:

"Oh dearest mother,

As I sit on my alleged sickbed (he came home early from church because he was "sick"), I thank you for being the mother you are.  As the virus and white blood cells battle for my wellness, I wish for you to know that I love you.

Your son, your heir, even Nathaniel Rodney Campbell"

No comments:

Post a Comment