Robyn read a book entitled Wonder by R.J. Palacio.
Robyn: I want everyone in the family to read this book so that we can discuss it. It's a great book!
Nate (after reading a few chapters): Mom, I don't like this book. It's sad.
Robyn: Keep reading, son. You will.
Grace (after reading the book): Mom, I wonder who I would be like in the book. I hope that I would be like Summer and just be a friend because I wanted to, not because someone made me or asked me to.
Robyn (to herself): Thank you R.J. Palacio.
Another day
Nate: Mom, I want to read Moby Dick. Can you get it from the library for me?
Everyone else (including Robyn): Why would you want to read THAT?
Nate: It sounds like a good story. I want to try it.
Robyn (puzzled but wanting to encourage reading "great" literature): Um. Okay.
Yet another day
Robyn: Grace, STOP READING!!! I need you to do some chores.
Robyn (to herself): That sounds wrong somehow.
Yesterday
Bronte: I had two hours of free time today. Guess what I did?
Robyn (thinking of what she would have done) : Took a nap.
Bronte: Nope. I got to read a book for FUN! I went outside with a blanket and read the book you gave me for Christmas--The Night Circus. It was heaven! And, I love the book.



so did nate end up reading the worst book ever? moby dick? By the way, I asked him at Reality Town today if he was nice to you on your birthday. He said yes.
ReplyDelete