Saturday, October 13, 2012

When we're helping we're happy (or not). . .

Today Nate was NOT happy while doing his chores (which is actually somewhat unusual).  Grace was singing while doing her chores (which is also somewhat unusual).

Nate (while slamming dishes down on the counter):  Mom, will you PLEASE tell Grace to stop singing!  I can't stand it!

Robyn:  I'm sorry but I'm not going to do that.  She has the right to sing while she works.  If it bothers you so much, you can remove yourself from the situation and go into your room.

A few minutes later Nate is still slamming dishes around.

Robyn (concerned for her dishes):  Nate, if you keep doing that, you might break something and then your life will really be miserable!

A minute later

Robyn (trying to lighten the mood sings quietly in Nate's ear):  If you chance to mean a frown. . .

Nate immediately starts to walk away.

Robyn: Hey, where are you going?

Nate:  I am removing myself from the situation.


No comments:

Post a Comment