Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A better mother

Yesterday, Nate was running behind in getting ready for school--as usual.  At 8:27 a.m. his mother who has been distracted with other things, checks on Nate's progress and sees that Nate still has a towel wrapped around him from his shower.

Robyn :  Nate you have 2 minutes before the bus comes! 

Nate (beginning to panic):  I'm hurrying Mom, I can't find any clothes.

Robyn:  I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT DRIVE YOU TODAY!!! You will just have to walk if you miss it.

Nate (scrambling to find anything to wear):  Mom,  have mercy on your son!

Robyn:  It's not a matter of mercy.  I have to get Maddie and a wheelchair to school and I have to get myself to work.  I don't have TIME to take you!

Nate in a spurt of energy puts on clothes, grabs his backpack and his percussion kit (which is quite heavy) and heads out the door in record time.  Robyn watches him as he sort of runs to the bus in his socks while holding his shoes in his hands and a piece of toast in his mouth.

Robyn (to herself):  He needs a better mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment