Robyn was looking through her journals the other day preparing for a YW lesson and came upon the following entry which seemed to go along well with this from Bronte's blog: Truly Madly Deeply : Dear Dad.
November 6, 1996
For a few days, Bronte has been asking if she could take her Daddy for sharing time at pre-school. I thought it was cute and that she wanted to show off her dad--whom she claims she loves for his looks. Then Bronte started saying that she wanted to bring her dad to sharing time because the other kids didn't think she had a daddy. I asked the teacher about it and she explained that some of the other fathers occasionally picked up their kids from pre-school because they were students and could be home by 3:00 p.m. when pre-school ended. She further said that one of the boys told Bronte that she didn't have a daddy which she promptly refuted, but still the boy insisted. I told Rod about this and he seemed concerned.
This morning Bronte again asked him if she could bring him for sharing time since it was her day for sharing time. Rod tried to explain why he couldn't come to pre-school, and I said that she could bring a picture of daddy so the other kids could see what he looked like. She ended up taking Barbie instead--this is the third time Barbie has gone to pre-school.
When I went to pick her up at the end of pre-school after running errands, no one was in the house. I went around back and found the teacher. When I asked her where Bronte was, she said with a big smile, "Her Daddy picked her up today!" She said Bronte was thrilled and said, "See, Matthew, I do have a Daddy!" The teacher said Bronte was positively beaming and so was I just thinking about it. What a wonderful, thoughtful, kind, compassionate Daddy she has!
No comments:
Post a Comment