In the past
Grace: Nate, why are you so popular at Church? EVERYONE is SO happy to see you.
Nate: Well, it's because I'm like the McRib.
Grace: Huh?
Nate: It's like this. The McRib is not a great sandwich, but strategically it's not on the McDonalds menu all the time. See, they take it off the menu for a good amount of time so that when they bring it back, people are super excited that it's back. And, they think it's something amazing. That's me at Church. I'm not that great, but because I go far away to Idaho for long periods of time, when I come back people think I'm amazing. Get it?
Grace: I guess.
Today
(Bronte has been staying with us in Provo because she is working on an independent film that is being shot in Utah. This has worked out well because the writer's strike in LA has shut down all film productions)
Rod: Nate, today you were dethroned as the McRib at church. Bronte was the McRib.
Nate: Oh? How so?
Rod: Well, Brother Smith talked about how miraculous it was that they got her to work on their film and that she is killing it and Sister Gould talked about her in Sunday School as well.
Grace: How come I'm never the McRib? I haven't been around that much but still, no one seems that excited to see me.
Nate: I'll tell you why. Number 1: YOU HAVE TO TALK TO PEOPLE IN THE WARD!! End of tutorial.

No comments:
Post a Comment