Sunday, September 10, 2017

I Found a New Way of Contacting

July 30, 2017

XIN CHAO CAC CO CHU CAC AN CHI EM (Hello everyone...everything in Vietnamese is 53x longer than in English),

This week was a good one! I have been able to tell that the Lord is really aware of me and the change that took place. I was able to see everyone in the Thao Dien area that I had the opportunity to work with and say goodbye to them before we did the "awkward" bedroom change in our apartment on Thursday (me and Chi Tam just switched rooms since we all live in the same apartment). We have had a couple of pretty busy days in this new area and between Thursday and Sunday I was able to meet all of our investigators which is a blessing!

I've also eaten Banh Xeo twice this week as well as a lot of chocolate and some ice cream which always means that it is a good week.

As I stated in my title, I found a new way of contacting.

It's called: Eat With One of Your Chopsticks Upside Down

On Friday me and Chi Kim Thu were eating dinner at Co Op Mart and ya know, I'm trying to be a normal human and use chopsticks and we were sitting a couple seats away from a lady who must have been watching me for a while and then halfway through the meal she points and me and says in broken English "your chopstick" I can just imagine that she was painfully watching me and debating whether she should say something or not then she just couldn't handle it any more so she finally decided to say something hahahahaha. Anyway, it turned into a contacting opportunity and we will probably try to meet with her sometime this week and share more! Sometimes the Lord works through the "Stupid American" to bring to pass His purposes :))) I still do about 3929204893 stupid things a day. But really I just laugh, it spices up my life in a new way since Cau Saigon is no longer part of it. From now on, I am going to purposely eat with one of my chopsticks upside down and see how many more people I can contact :)

Yesterday in church we talked about sacrifice and I really liked something the teacher said. He said something along the lines of "when we sacrifice for the church is it really a sacrifice when we think about the many blessings that we receive?" As I have been serving a mission I would have to agree. Some people may say that serving a mission is a huge sacrifice, but Heavenly Father blesses us so much that it really seems like no sacrifice at all.

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!! I hope you have the best week!!!!!

Sincerely,
SISTER CAMPBELL

Here are some pictures for my mother before I transferred:

Me and Chi Thuy Anh at a really cool 3D
art museum that we went to a couple P-Days ago
Us with our investigator that we had a little "picnic"
 with in the rain after biking 45+ minutes. Woot woot.


No comments:

Post a Comment